What causes (non injection related) injection pain?
1. The short ester has higher melting point easily causing crystals
2. High concentration(mg/ml)
3. High Benzyl Alcohol Content
4. Injecting too quickly
5. Allergic and Injecting not deep enough
6. Virgin muscle
7. Fascia displacement
8. Histamine reaction
1, precipitation of short estered compounds
Pain is caused when oil/solvents are absorbed by the body and crystals are left behind. Long ester = high solubility.
short esters(propionate or acetate) are harder, more painful crystals with melting points in the 100c range. Ahormine with a longer esters ( excluding cypionate – cyp is long but also high melting point) can have a melting point in the 20c-40c range. not far off from human body temp.
2, High concentration (mg/ml)
Building off of point1: Let’s say it takes the body 24 hours to absorb 1ml of a certain oil/solbent blend, and 24 hours to absorb 50 mg of Testosterone Propinate. If 50 mg (or less) of Testosterone Propinate is in 1ml of that oil,this injection should be painless. On the other hand, if 100mg of testosterone propionate is in that same 1mL of solution, then after 24 hours the body will have absorbed 50mg and 1mL, leaving 50mg behind in the injection area, crystalized and painful.
Its better to shoot 3mL of 50mg/mL Testosterone Propionate than 1mL of 150mg/mL Testosterone Propionate.
This is also why water based suspensions (Testosterone base/no ester, Winstrol ) hurt the most, water is very easily absorbed in the body
3, High Benzyl Alcohol Content
Within 24 hours will most likely be a burning pain witch is usually caused by a high concentration of BA(Benzyl alcohol)
Benzyl Alcohol (BA) is used to increase the lipid solubility of esterfied compounds and to prevent bacteria growth in the oil. Most UGL’s use excess BA or only BA as the co-solvent, due to it’s modest price. Unfortunately, it can cause the destruction of cells and significant localised pain and inflammation. The discomfort is characterised by fairly rapid onset of a painful, red, swollen area. This can be ameliorated by diluting the compound with sterile cutting oil (grapeseed, cottonseed, sesameseed). A 1:1 ratio often works well.
4, Fascia displacement because of Injecting too quickly
If you inject too quickly it can tear tissue. This occurs when a large volumetric quantity is injrcted into a single site.The oil pushes the muscle fascia apart and results in stretching and eventually scarring with the muscle. This can be avoided by reducing single site injection volume and spreading the injections between multiple sites. This is also a good idea as more smaller, more frequent dosing significantly reduces many of the side effects of AAS. These become exacerbated by peak and troughs in hormone levels. The reduction in side effects is particularly dramatic with trenbolone acetate when an ED injection schedule is maintained.
If your muscle is new to the hormone, it will absorb the hormone very slowly, but absorb the oil/solvent very quickly. This will cause more crystalization and pain. As your muscles recognize the hormones, they will be absorbed more quickly, thus less pain. The deeper you inject into the center of a muscle group, the better
5, Allergic and Injecting not deep enough
Allergic and when you may not get the injection deep enough in the muscle to where
This doesn’t occur as often, but is still a potential possibility. For a compound to become biologically active the ester must be cleaved from the parent molecule. This results in the formation of a carboxylic acid. Some people find that they are sensitive to one of these. This results in swelling, warmth, redness and possibly a rash at the injection site. In the worst instance the individual may have an existing allergy to the carrier oil (sessame, etc…) that can result in anaphylaxis (swelling and occlusion of the airway) in addition to localised inflammation. If any histamine reaction results, immediately discontinue use and switch to an alternate carrier oil and/or alternate ester. If anaphylaxis results, immediately seek medical attention.
6, How to prevent pain before I inject?
1. Dilute compound with sterile cutting oil to get mg/ml at <=200 for long esters and <=100 for short esters.
2. Don’t bother with b-12, its water based-absorbed so quickly it will have little to no impact.
3. Gently warm the oil to improve viscosity. You could put the vial in the bathroom sink and let hot water run over the vial for 2 minutes, and shake well. This will lower the oils viscosity also making it easier it pull into the syringe.
4. Inject very slowly to reduce muscle fascia displacement, take 30 seconds per ml. Use a 25g pin to inject so it forces you to move slowly.
5. Add 20% Benzyl Benzoate by volume to propionate and phenylpropionate esetrs.
6. Use 23g needle to prevent high output pressure from smaller needles.
7. Inject frequently w/less volume, <3ml for large muscles and <2ml for smaller muscles.
8. Ensure that the injection is deep intra-muscular and fully through any sub cutaneous fat
9. You can also add: 100mg Benadryl one hour prior to injection; 800mg ibuprofen one hour prior to injection.
How do I deal with pain once I have it?
The worst thing you can do is ice it. Cold will help the crystals fall out of solution/suspension.
Its okay to take some ibuprofen to decrease the swelling, and help with pain.
Also being in a hot tub, or jacuzzi, or warm bubble bath will help melt the crystals doen. Using a heating pad can help also.