|Product Name||Brivaracetam ; (alphaS,4R)-alpha-Ethyl-2-oxo-4-propyl-1-pyrrolidineacetamide;UCB-34714|
|Appearance||White off-white crystalline powder|
|Grade Standard||Medicine Grade|
|Appearance||White crystal or crystalline powder|
|Storage||Store in well-closed container, protec…|
|Usage||1. Enhance memory
2. Treatment of Alzheimer’s disease
Brivaracetam Used to treat
- Temporal Lobe Epilepsy
- Complex Partial Seizures
- Secondarily Generalized Seizures
- Simple Partial Seizures
|Typical dosing instructions:||The dose usually begins at 50 mg twice a day.
It can be lowered to 25 mg twice a day for slower increases.
The dose can be increased gradually to 100 mg twice a day.
People with impaired or altered liver function are given lower doses.
|The dose usually begins at 25 mg twice a day.
It may be increased to 75 mg twice a day.
What are the dose ranges for Brivaracetam?
Briviact will be available as tablets, an oral solution, and an injection which can be used temporarily when oral forms are not possible.
Tablets: 10 mg, 25 mg, 50 mg, 75 mg, 100 mg
Oral solution: 10 mg per ml
Injection: 50 mg per 5 ml, in single dose vials
How to take and store Brivaracetam?
Taking medicine: It’s important to take any seizure medication the same way every day.
- When a medicine is taken twice a day, try to take it the same times each day – usually morning and night about 12 hours apart.
- Briviact can be taken with or without food.
- Keep the medicine at 25°C (77°F) or between 15°C to 30°C (59°F to 86°F).
- Throw away any unused Briviact oral solution 5 months after the bottle was first opened.
- The vial of medicine for the injection form is intended to be used only once. Do not save any unused open drug for the injection form.